A place to share my random thoughts, playful passions for paper, ATCs, refunding, couponing, art, quilting, scrapbooking, photography, nature, recycling, bargain hunting, poetry and more. Sit and stay awhile!

"What do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bird Bath



Right off my front porch, I have this amazing little fountain that pools into a small goldfish pond. I envision spending many summer afternoons sitting in a rocking chair, sipping tea and listening to the water trickling down.

The other afternoon I noticed a quick glimpse of bright yellow outside. Much to my delight, I discovered these yellow birds bathing in my fountain! They were splashing and fluttering about. Can you see this little guy in the photo? They didn't sit still very long.

With all the remodeling work we have been doing inside our new home, I have yet to discover all the outdoor surprises that await me! I am overwhelmed with the pleasures of this new environment between 'nesting' inside my new home and all the nature outdoors. Hopefully we will get enough remodeling finished that we can explore and enjoy the outdoors before fall arrives!

No comments: